24.6.18

LIVING AS A TRANS BOY IN TODAYS SOCIETY





Focusing on pride month once again, I thought it would be a good idea to how my readers what it is like for LGBTQ+ people to be accepted in today's society. I asked my best friend Tyler, to be a guest on my blog. He is a transgender boy, transitioning from female to male. A lot of people tend to not accept transgender people due to the lack of understanding, I decided to do a one to one interview over a pret hot chocolate and, he kindly answered a few questions for us!



What is it like being transgender?

Being trans is hard but I've really connected with people. But yet I wish I wasn't trans. I hate the body I was born in and have to fight through everyday as it comes. I always remember that I will be where I want to be someday and be the man I am inside.

What helps you to get by in everyday life?

I get by from the love and support I receive from my family and friends, especially you Fatimah.

What's one thing you have to do everyday without fail?

Everyday when I wake up the first thing I do is put on my binder. A binder is a compression vest which conceives your chest to appear flatter. I do everyday things just like a normal dude. I go to college, do my hair, watch TV.

What is your advice for people who don't understand what its like to be transgender?

As long as you have respect for us and are tolerant then that's okay. Although doing your own research is always helpful!

Tell us a little bit about yourself?

My name is Tyler, I'm 19 years old. Throughout my transition I have been on waiting lists for three years and only just finally getting somewhere! I'm on the waiting list to be prescribed testosterone. This is a male hormone which some transgender men can go on. I believe that being trans is not a choice and I'm moving forward to be my authentic self. I hope this shone some light in my life. Big thanks to Fatimah, for letting me spread some a awareness on her blog!

I hope everyone enjoyed reading this post and gained a better understanding in to the life of a transgender man. Thank YOU so much for being a guest on my blog Tyler. I wish you all the best and will always be here for you no matter what.

Make sure to follow Tyler on Instagram @ft.tyller

I will write again soon....

•ROSEYGOLDBOX•








2 comments:

  1. That's a very good post! I enjoyed reading this interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you did!

      FATIMAH • ROSEYGOLDBOX

      Delete