13.10.18

STACEY DOOLEY • ON THE FRONT LINE WITH WOMEN WHO FIGHT BACK


Stacey Dooley is one hell of an amazing woman. Ever since the programme Blood, Sweats and T-shirts, I have always looked up to her. She has come a long way from then, making her own documentaries and even writing her own book which I recently had the pleasure to read...

Throughout this book, I was able to explore along with Stacey, and have a good insight in to her life and career decisions. She started off working in fashion retail at 20 something, and then took part in the 'Blood, Sweats & T-shirts' show, in which she was able to see where our clothing actually came from in the sweatshops.

However, the book has a main focus on women across the world who are suffering in different situations who are still able to kick- ass as she says. No matter the issues they are dealing with, they are still carrying on with their daily life tasks. Reading about other humans stories really makes me think and wonder how on earth these people manage to stay so strong even when going through so much?! My tiny complaints are nothing compared to their's.

Personally I think this is an amazing read and you should also go and check out her documentary series on BBC IPlayer called 'Stacey Dooley Investigates'. So, that is all for today guys! I wanted to keep it short and simplified so that I don't babble on too much. I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know your thoughts down below.

Have you heard of Stacey Dooley before?
(If not, you're missing out, seriously...)



• ROSEYGOLDBOX •

4 comments:

  1. I've not heard of this book yet, but it really sounds like something I'd enjoy! Thanks for the tip - it's going straight to my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a pretty good interesting read! Thanks for reading

      FATIMAH • ROSEYGOLDBOX

      Delete
  2. Very interesting book. Never heard of it before but i will google it asap. Thanks for sharing girl!
    Would you check my latest blog post and let me know what you think?

    http://thisissivylla.com/2018/09/folli-follie-fragrances/

    xoxo,
    Sivylla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it really is and of course!

      FATIMAH • ROSEYGOLDOX

      Delete