13.11.17

LOOKING AFTER YOUR MENTAL HEALTH THIS WINTER...


This cold and dark month can seem to feel quite overwhelming for many people who are suffering with any mental health issues on a daily basis. It is very sad to see how much of a common occurrence it has now become, whether you are a teenager, adult or even any other age boundary. In order to manage the way we feel, there are many things which can be done to look after yourself or a loved one.

In no way, shape or form am I saying that I am an expert in dealing with mental health however, through personal experience I thought it would be a great idea to share what I would do when I was going through depression and anxiety. I tend to feel like I am about to relapse most days, but I am able to brush it off easily now with a more positive outlook on things as well as surrounding myself with things which make me happy- books, tv shows, doing my makeup, watching my favourite youtubers and even listening to music which uplifts my mood! 

Try and move around as much as you can! Don't just stay sat in the house, wrap up warm and go outside. This could include going to meet some friends, family or maybe even your neighbours. I personally love window shopping and visiting the Christmas Markets! The lights and the whole atmosphere of a town at christmas time feels amazing- Taking pictures of the scenes and exploring what they have on offer. Embracing the cold weather is just as important as well. You could even visit a museum or art gallery. I recently did a blogpost on embracing art which can be viewed just here.

On the way home when I see how dark and gloomy it is outside, I usually pop in my headphones and admire the journey. I love looking outside when sat on a train / bus and just feeling the beat to the rhythm of the music. This can help move any bad thoughts you may have had before in your head. 

Once entering your home again you may get those winter blues start to creep up on you but don't let them get you down. You are too precious to feel any way but happy and should tuck up nice and cosy, put the heating on and then maybe put a good old Disney or Harry Potter movie on! This would really help me when I would feel down, irritable and depressed. I would have this along with a nice cup of tea and healthy snacks or sometimes, a hot chocolate to treat myself! By constantly overeating or comfort eating as I would call it, it would make me feel even more terrible about myself, so try not to overeat! It will only make you feel even more worse than you already were.

If you are really struggling this winter however, or any other time of the year too then I urge you to please seek help. You are not alone and there are so many others like you who you can battle through with together and get through this! If your symptoms are stopping you from doing daily life tasks then it is best to talk it through with someone. There are many sources of support out there and you should never feel ashamed or embarrassed for feeling this way.

I hope everyone who has just read this is having an amazing day so far and just remember, have a great week ahead of us! Life is too short to worry about what other people will think of you if you open up about your feelings, we are all human and it is only natural to feel different inside without thinking people will call you an attention seeker or any other nasty names. Thank you for reading and I am always here if anybody needs a chat. Leave a lovely comment down below if you found this helpful.

YOU ARE STILL YOU, IT DOESN'T CHANGE WHO YOU ARE

REMEMBER YOU WERE GIVEN THIS LIFE BECAUSE YOU ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO LIVE IT


SOME USEFUL LINKS BELOW


-ROSEYGOLDBOX-




2 comments:

  1. this was so helpful & inspiring, lovely to see you wrote about such things xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for reading xx


      Fatimah | ROSEYGOLDBOX
      WWW.ROSEYGOLDBOX.BLOGSPOT.CO.UK

      Delete