15.9.19

SKINCARE UPDATE • IS LESS, MORE?


Who doesn't want airbrushed looking smooth skin? I constantly used to ponder when I would get to this stage but once reality hit that I'm never going to have 'instagram flawless' skin, I just stopped. Now, I'm not sure about you but I love watching these skincare videos where they have ten plus steps in their routines....



Whilst I am here with my two or three steps every morning or night. Being one of those people who has always struggled with problematic skin such as spots and scarring (after I stupidly pick them) I honestly never felt content. The realisation occured when I hit 20 that in fact, I never will be content, until I just start to accept my skin for what it is and try alternative routes until I find 'the one'.

I don't know about you guys but honestly when it comes to skincare LESS IS MORE. Have you heard that saying? I just feel like the more I use the worse my skin will become. Whereas if I stick to one or two organic products and stay hydrated with litres of water everyday my skin feels fresher and better.

Social media can really ruin the image of having this flawless skin routine for young people nowadays, but you just have to remember it's all about the fancy looking products and how they show it online to look 'cute' etc. Using a ring light modifies the way the skin is looking on camera and also blurring or softening filters for the skin.

I always like to keep it raw and real on my content. No filter, no softening my skin, just good old real me. At the end of the day, we all have skin texture and it's natural! Some people may be blessed with soft looking skin and some may not and that's completely okay, but what's not okay is this whole ideology and image of young people being made to feel like they have to use all these products in order for them to look a certain way.

Personally my acne journey has been one where I switched from taking chemicals or drugs to sure it, to just using organic products or something that will actually benefit my skin with no side effects involved. But hey, I guess everyone is different and different things will work for different people. Currently I have jaut been using these products from Holland & Barrett by Dr Organic in the Aloe Vera range. This blogpost is not sponsored, I purchased everything myself and all opinions are my very own.

What are your thoughts on skincare products? How many do you use on a daily basis?

Let's start a discussion in the comments below!

With Love,

Fatimah x

• ROSEYGOLDBOX • 



9 comments:

  1. Less is definitely more! I find it strange when people post or say that they use more than 3 products on their skincare regime, some even say 8! Maybe it works for them but for me it would cause my skin to breakout horribly.

    Thanks for writing this post, sometimes it's so easy to feel like an outsider because my skin is not smooth as the IG girls.

    Loren | Plaid & Sugar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely! & Thank you so much for reading, glad you relate and understand x

      FATIMAH • ROSEYGOLDBOX

      Delete
  2. I definitely agree that less is more! I'm still trying to figure out what works best for my skin but I've found that minimal products help x

    https://www.femaleoriginal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it is a hell of a journey for some of us but I hope you get there soon!x


      FATIMAH • ROSEYGOLDBOX

      Delete
  3. I agree so much with this, sometimes I think it's so easy to see people who massive skin routines and think that you need to too, when realistically using one or two products might be better for your skin. Thanks for sharing x

    Kayleigh Zara 🥂 http://www.kayleighzaraa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree and think so too! Thanks for reading x


      FATIMAH • ROSEYGOLDBOX

      Delete
  4. I agree so much! I've never tried aloe vera products but they do look so good. I currently use about 3 products in my skincare routine and my skin has never been better/more glowy (superdrug own range is actually so good :) ) x

    eleanorclaudie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh really? & Might give them a go!x


      FATIMAH • ROSEYGOLDBOX

      Delete
  5. I definitely agree that less is more. I see some people have 9+ step routines for skincare. I always found that if I put on face cream at night, my skin just gets really oily and pimply. I stick with a cleanser, or exfoliator, and a good eye cream. For day time, it's moisturiser with SPF!

    ReplyDelete